The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My unbirthday...

On Thursday, still nursing a cold, we ventured forth for my unbirthday family celebrations.
Carey spent the day with a school friend, but this was ok, she was happy doing that. The rest of us went exploring deeper into Belgium.
We found our way into Tournai, just 20 minutes from us, but we managed something that is fast becoming a Joy tradition!!!
On the continent, it seems that all businesses cllose for lunch, from 12:00 'til 14:00!
One of the main purposes for going out as a family, was to have a meal out. We plodded round Tournai's main streets searching for a place to eat, we actually found a restaurant called 'Le Marmite', how cool is that? Bit too expensive though, sadly.
We plodded around for about 15 minutes, all this time it is trying to snow, Molly is crying she is cold and hungry; Elsie says she is fed-up just walking round and we all want to get out the freezing wind!
Finally we stumbled across a chinese restaurant; there was a set menu at a good price and it was open...before you could say chicken chow mein, we were in and sat down trying to defrost.

To summarise, we had a lovely day, we ate well, took piccies, found some open shops to browse round out of the wind, and we managed to find the car again, not bad for us! I was glad to get home again though for a hot cuppa!

I quite like unbirthday's, I think I will have another one...will check the diary!

Just to finish, you need to hear this, it's a true story...
Yesterday I had my 1st English class. 2 ladies from the choir want to learn, and I guess I was the favoured option to teach!
I started with the alphabet as so many sounds are different... a-apple, b-bed...p-pet...
'what is pet?' they asked, they looked confused, bemused...I'm not sure what that expression was! I did explain that a pet was a domestic animal, but as soon as I got home I looked it up in the French dictionary; Pet = FART!
ah! I understand the look now....
Have a good day
;ยค) Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 8:21 am, Blogger Zanne said...

Hiya Bob.
You can take the bread off him when he's only eaten half of it!!! bit cruel but hey.
Therapeutic? not sure!
you could bring the flowers yourself!

 
At 12:31 am, Blogger SarahB said...

Thrilled that your unbirthday was a great success. How can you go wrong with eating??

Loved your pet story... I've just found out that a goldfish is a poisson rouge.

I will reply to your french email once my brain comes up for air. I helped it along with a cream egg.

:-)

Sarah

 
At 2:40 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Fancy you finding a resturant called marmite!

sounds like a good day, love the english lesson story, brilliant!
take care Zanne!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home