The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Uh Oh!


Today is a day of national red alert... Iv'e had to break into my emergency mini marmite.
Desperate times call for drastic actions, I am getting hot and cold sweats just knowing that I am on the final scrapings of my marmite... I need to return to the source of the black nectar, England.

I know it's a case of 'either you love it or you hate it', but I am disappointed that I can't buy marmite over here! We could for a while, in the stocks and gravy section, but that was old and now not stocked!!!

So, with withdrawal symptoms lurking in the shadows, I venture over the waters, to raid the Chelmsford Tesco's of it's ample supply of mega jars of marmite, potentially a situation averted, but will the mini pot last the remaining few days?

I come over on Saturday with the girls for 6 sleeps; anything to avoid carnival week here! The aim was to be out the house while the electrician did the wiring, but the latest excuse was not his key was broken but his FOOT!!! will it ever get done?

Can't think about that right now, got a marmite crisis on the horizon!

Do you like the mixture in the picture, this is Molly's (aged 7 1/2)favourite sandwich.The photo was taken by a French friend who cannot see a redeeming feature in marmite, let alone mix it with Chocolate spread and ham (or salami if no ham available!)

Hope to meet you soon, should be there Sun. pm. coffee is an option, or a soirée à Robyn's????

7 Comments:

At 12:07 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Zanne, it's my turn at church this week in the evening, so Hopefully I'll see you then!

I love marmite, but not with chocolate spread - yuck!

 
At 2:41 pm, Blogger Tracie said...

l now have the image of lady pushing trolley full of marmite jars round tesco's!!
l'm sitting on the fence on this one l neither love it nor hate it but have two girls who differ in their tastes one does - one doesn't !!
Its mayhem if sandwiches go in the wrong lunchboxes choccie spread looks quite similar to marmite !!

 
At 11:21 pm, Blogger Lisa said...

YUK YUK YUK -I hate marmite!!

Excellent -Sunday nite will be brill -we have Ruth and Marc over from the project in Brasil and they are taking the service. It will be great! See ya then!

 
At 12:48 am, Blogger SarahB said...

Je deteste Marmite. We stumbled across an english shop in France when we last visited and along with Worcester sauce and custard (to be eaten separately you understand...) was the dreaded marmite. Give me chocolate any day.

Have a great weekend and hope you have a good stay in the UK. Perhaps I'll catch you sometime between 28th Feb and 4th March.

Do you know how long a standard jar of Marmite lasts you?

 
At 9:14 am, Blogger Zanne said...

A large jar lasts around 2 months probably, less if we all dip into it, Pete likes it with a baked potato or with an egg, I like it with potato, egg, cheese, bread, alone...Molly likes it as described before, Carey; in a cheese sandwich LC 'no way'!
I love my choccy too, Cadbury's is the best.
How about a coffee in town, Thursday morning?

 
At 9:44 pm, Blogger SarahB said...

Thursday, 2nd March would be great. There is a Ladies Meeting at Elim from 10 -11:20 which I normally go to. Would you be able to? We could then meet after.

It would be fantastic to put a face to the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God bless.

:-)

 
At 11:29 pm, Blogger PatK said...

The ONLY way to eat marmite is very thinly spread on toast - with the butter melting into the marmite (or the other way around!)

Couldn't stand it a a child - now, if the fancy takes me, it's a favourite afternoon teatime treat for a few days in a row, and then the pot gets put back in the back of the cupboard.

Glad you had a good trip over

 

Post a Comment

<< Home