The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Monday, March 13, 2006

40...and counting!

40...
I got there!
Not quite what I expected... bit of an anti-climax actually, the whole day was taken up with appointments and things that the birthday element kind of got overlooked!

What did I do?

I was bought a cuppa tea in bed by the family, plus my presents. After that the rush starts and the nagging... get dressed now, eat your breakfast, find your shoes, do your hair...(directed at the kids, not me...) then off to church for 10:00. Some people knew it was my birthday, so I had a few 'bonne anniversaire's sent my way, which was nice.
After church I took the eldest, Carey, to a birthday party of a school friend, then returned to church where a meal was being prepared for the Christmas Choir, as a thank-you. Families were invited so it was a jolly (French) event, about 50+/- in total.
From there, at 5pm, we went and collected Carey, then headed straight to our French church meeting... unfortunatly no-one turned up, so we sat there for an hour before coming home again!!!
I had various texts and phone calls during the day from friends and family, but the whole event was spoilt a bit with the busy agenda (Not a good idea having a birthday on a Sunday), plus the fact that I have a stinking cold,a silly cough, my sinuses are making my face ache and I am not sleeping well 'coz I can't breathe!!!! I spent the day drugged up to the eyeballs with pain killers and anti-cold stuff, even the wine at the meal did nothing...
So, Sarah had the right idea, get away from it all and make the day special!
With this plan in mind, I'm going to have an unofficial birthday on Thursday and Friday (I figure I can have two days now I am 40)
The girls have a day off school on Thursday, as does Pete; so I hope to do something nice...A day out, a meal, a fun time, then on Friday I propose to veg. out at home and do nothing (hopefully I will be cold free then too)
Now I am going to have a cuppa tea and go back to bed!
tough life being 40 eh! :-)

2 Comments:

At 7:49 pm, Blogger Tracie said...

Sorry your full of cold Zanne - out with the hot cocoa and tartan blanket already !!
Joking aside - praying you'll have a speedy recovery and enjoy the couple of days you have planned.
from trace...

 
At 12:48 am, Blogger SarahB said...

Good on you girl! Indulge yourself and take time out now that you have reached such a special age. Praying that you have an absolute fantastique time on Thurs and Fri.

:-)
Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home