The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Monday, February 13, 2006

We all need families

On Friday I went to a ladies meeting at our church in Belgium. About 30+/- attend and it is all in French. I didn't want to go as it was the 3rd evening out in French, and my brain was stretched to capacity!
I was feeling the odd one out anyway, and usually feel lonely at these gatherings...
So I really didn't want to go.
Pete has his men's meeting in France on Fridays, but this was no excuse...a lady(Nadine) from the church told me that she would pick me up when she dropped her husband off to babysit, they are lovely, God-fearing grandparent, and my kids love them. So all excuses gone, I went.

Nadine has a passion to know God's heart, towards the end of the evening she asked the ladies "Do you know Suzanne?" (Easier than Zanne in French!!!)
They pointed me out...
Nadine continued,
"She is here in Belgium, and her family is not, We are now her family."

How much did that touch me? The tears were out, the weeks of frustrations, loneliness and sadness flowed, the ladies hugged me (not cultural I might add, they normally just bissous = kiss on the cheek) and bissoussed me, told me they loved me, called me little sister, their daughter...fortunatly no one called me mother...I was so blessed and came away knowing that God does see me, he does know the pains that hide in my heart; and at the right time, he sends a hug :-)

I talked to my sister last night,

I had an e-mail from a friend,

I had a skype message from my Christian school friend in America,

Had a comment on my blog site,

The family is bigger than you think, but sometimes we just need a reminder.

We all need families, that is why God put us together.
Thank you

4 Comments:

At 3:00 pm, Blogger Helen said...

That is so sweet!
Zanne you did your links, well done!!

 
At 8:31 pm, Blogger SarahB said...

God meets our needs and I have often wondered how we would be without our Church family. Really thrilled that you are adopted as I can only imagine how tough it is being away from family.

Don't forget we are a blogging family. You have blessed me (and I'm sure others) with your comments and your blogsite.

May God bless you to overflowing.

PS I am 40 at the end of Feb and am so depressed am going to Rome for a long weekend to escape the reality...

 
At 11:06 am, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Zanne
really pleased that you made the effort to go to the group and my wasn't you blessed isn't that always the way - God always moves in just at the right moment to bless us. This was so encouraging to read.
God bless you and your family
from tracie

 
At 11:12 am, Blogger Tracie said...

just to put you in the picture l have applied to move to Australia with my family and to know that other christians have enveloped you with love and friendship is really encouraging, we are 2/3 of the way through the process and then have to have medicals and police checks as we are applying for permanent residency, nothing is certain but if god wants us on the other side of the world we'll pack our bags!! and know that he can provide us with a christian family all that way away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home