The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Friday, February 10, 2006

Slightly wierd!

I am a member of a choir, the rehersals are held at our church every other Thursday in French, and the members are from various neighbouring churches in France and Belgium (Flemmish & Wallonian). We are about 25 +/- in total.
At Christmas we put on a 'Gospel Concert', a Mark Condon creation called Magnify, truely rousing stuff, loadsa carols, solos, narratives... Most of the songs remained in English (Which is how I came to be invited to join the choir; to help with pronounciation...)about 4 were translated into French, always good to have a challenge.

The 3 evening performances in December went brilliantly, The first was a charity concert in Tournai, the others in our church in Mouscron where about 250+/- came each night.It was great that my parents could be over for that too :-)

The slightly weird thing is this...
Last night, we all hopped into various cars and flew over the border to France to perform an abridged version of the Gospel Concert... before an audience of about 30...In a restaurant!

I miss out alot as to the where, why, when etc. things, as everything is in French, I really do follow the crowd. Turn up when I'm told and when, and sing what I am told to sing.
Oh if life was always this simple.

We finished at 21:30 and where all given a glass of fruit juice or Champagne, then presented with a basket of goodies (valentine boxes choccies, paté de foie gras, biscuits and a photo frame(? is this cultural?) as we walked out the door.

I am totally bemused.

3 Comments:

At 10:43 pm, Blogger Helen said...

You have been busy!
sounds interesting, I suppose this is good way of learning the language, how do the children get on with the language?
hope you have a good week!

 
At 11:22 pm, Blogger Zanne said...

Thats the reason I go along, bit of language immersion. The kids are all happy in French already, their school is bi-lingual, French & Flemish, they are already fluent in Dutch (v.similat to Flemish) so at least they could communicate when they started school! incredible eh? They are helping me learn now :-)

 
At 8:36 pm, Blogger SarahB said...

I have bought myself a study book to improve my French. It is only when I looked closely that most of the instructions are in French -Aagh!

Will be praying for a linguistic breakthrough. Just think how brave you are doing things that you don't know what is going to happen but you are still prepared to serve the Lord. Wonderful!

I hope you have a good week.

:-)

Bonne chance!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home