The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

And again...


Don't you think, when you see the same message repeatedly, that you are meant to remember something, like algebra formulas or road signs or bible verses?
This picture was given to us when we left our church in Holland, it hangs just inside our living room so, so every time we go out the house we see it. It is a picture of clogs with spikes on, used for walking on ice, so the wearer does not slip.
The verse is the same as todays verse telling us to stand firm, to let nothing move us...to give ourselves fully to God's work, because when we work for God our work is not in vain. This is a good verse to memorize, so when the devil tells us that what we are doing is useless and a waste of time we can tell him the truth, because we know the truth will set us free.
Just so we don't stand firm in our own strength, there is another verse;
1 Corinthians 10:12
So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall.

(Read verse 13 too it is a promise I cling onto when things seem to be pushing me too far.)
We always need to rely on God fo all things, even support when we think things are going well and we are standing firm.

I love todays verse, my picture of the clogs is a good image and I want to stand firm

Have a great day

2 Comments:

At 10:11 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Zanne that is brilliant, I love those words, sometimes it is hard to stand firm, but what brill promises from Gods word for us, I feel like I know you, when you're next here in England, I would love to meet you!

 
At 12:52 am, Blogger SarahB said...

Me too!! I really like your definition of blog.

Hope you have a good week.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home