The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Monday, February 06, 2006

Is it a coincidence?

Today's verse is the same as the key verse we had in church yesterday.

Solomon had finished building the temple, God came to him after the rites of dedication etc. had finished, and told Solomon that He had chosen the temple to be His house, where offerings were to be made.
v.6, For now have I chosen and sanctified this house, that my name may be there for ever: and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually. (KJV)

Does this apply to me?
Answer; YES, I am God's temple.
2Co 6:16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, "I will live in them and move among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

But as Christians, we cannot entertain wordly attributes/habits/views.
So why is it so hard for me being here, in another culture, struggling with the language, family and life in general? Surely God sees me sinking? Or is this just me giving into something that is not of Christ; a wordly view? can a Christian feel low, depressed, pressured?
1Co 3:9 (TCNT) For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's harvest field, God's building.

I need to be humble, pray and seek God's face during this time; He will hear me and will forgive my self doubt, feelings of worthlessness and insignifigance, and give healing and restoration.
Eph 2:19-22 So then you are no longer strangers and sojourners, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone,in whom the whole structure is joined together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord; in whom you also are built into it for a dwelling place of God in the Spirit.

That was not meant to be another sermon, not sure what happened really!!!
Anyway,now I have given myself a Monday morning kick, I will press on...(I once heard it said, when you get a kick, do you let it kick you down or kick you on?) I hope and pray that this kicks me on, and I hope you feel kicked on too :-)
Have a great day.

4 Comments:

At 2:38 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Keep going Zanne, of course Christians get fed up, life isn't always easy and there are many challenges to tackle each day, just come to God as you are with all that you feel, give to Him your worries and rest in His care, I'm praying for you, luv H x.

 
At 5:19 pm, Blogger Tracie said...

l second all that Helen has said Zanne, each day brings something different so keep going, we all get low from time to time, and l think if we didn't have our struggles we wouldn't appreciate the good times half as much,
don't look down keep looking up,
God bless from Tracie

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger SarahB said...

I don't think that we would be human if we didn't struggle but we have a hope and a future in Jesus. I can't imagine how difficult it is to experience so many shifting sands where you are but you are not alone. Today I visited a Hospital Chapel (where Helen works!) and I was reminded of Isaiah 41:10
"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and uphold you with my righteous right hand".

Be still and rest in Him and when you look back you will be amazed at how much you will have learned from difficulties.

Praying for you.

:-)

 
At 9:42 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks you guys :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home