The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

It's all gone mad

Yesterday, 6 Americans descended on our house, ripped out an interior ceiling spreading dust and rubble throughout the whole house... (Before the event, the house was presentable, lived in but presentable all the same,) after 2 hours of intense demolition they left; leaving me with the dust, hungry kids to feed, dusty kids that needed showering before I could put them to bed, total chaos and did I mention the dust? will post pictures sometime!

The other thing they managed was to cover the fridge, hide the microwave and fill the kettle with...dust!!! Jst when I really wanted a cuppa and my supper!

Today they came back, they washed the walls in the attic rooms (they were a bit dusty!) in preparation for papering, they did some painting and cleaned the glass in the skylight in our living room, they were dirty and, what's that fine powdery stuff called again? oh yes, DUST!

Thought you might like to share in my experience...

Got to go now, got to scrape dust off the furniture so I can do some dusting,
ironic really!

3 Comments:

At 10:34 am, Blogger Helen said...

Zanne did you want your ceiling ripped out??!

all sounds very stressful to me, hope it's worth it!!

 
At 12:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it needed to be done sometime...is any time a good time for something like that?
At least it's done, now we have to insulate etc. the new one!!!

 
At 12:53 am, Blogger SarahB said...

Hope the dust has settled now...

I always say that it'll look lovely when it's finished.

:-)

Sarah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home