The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Friday, October 05, 2007

Lessons learnt!

This week has been another long one. There seems to be so much to do and no time to do it! I ended up doing the things that have needed doing for a long time...like defrosting the freezer and reorganising the basement...
Who will notice that?
~I realised how much I like the praise and feedback when something has been done, to have everyone around and not a comment made about my 3 hours work was a bit discouraging!
I did let them know what I had been doing so they could admire it and say how much better things looked.

Made me think about what I am doing here...with the work I am trying to do... with the choir... the ladies meetings...the Sunday school...the language learning...

Why am I doing it?
Who am I doing it for?
What do I want as a result of it?

To be honest, there is a big ME element in some of them, I love doing what I am doing, but at times the focus is a bit fuzzy. It really is for the glory of God and to further His kingdom. I want to be able to say like Paul...

1Co 10:33 just as I try to please all men in everything I do, not seeking my own advantage, but that of many, that they may be saved.


My challenge is to do something just to please God, to be a witness to others and to store up my treasures in heaven.

Have a great weekend, thank you for the encouragements and prayers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home