The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Wet Wednesday...

It has been an interesting week,
one where nothing seems to happen but when you look back, the days seem to have shot through!!!
Last Thursday, Pete decided to tidy up some loose ends in the kitchen... this involved a brick wall and a circular saw. What was meant to be a study morning turned out very different
... NO, there was no accident involved
... relax.

In true 'male fashion', he decided on a job then "went for it!!!"
he put a sheet around the workarea to act as a dust sheet, then fired up the saw. The whirring blade caused a super draught which straight away blew away the 'dust sheet'... ah well, he thought, probably was a bit excessive (read useless)
He has thought ahead (really????) and got the vacuum ready to suck up the dust as he works, he commissioned me to hold the nozzle of the hoover under the saw...
And we're off... the saw touches the concrete and brick at a phenomenal r.p.m... grey cement dust and red brick dust goes flying all directions except up the hoover nozzle, within seconds the wall was out of sight, Pete can see the wall because 1. he was wearing goggles, 2. The whirring saw was blowing all the dust out of the way and 3. He was reasonably close to the work project...
On the other hand, I had disappeared in a cloud of dust as had the house!!!

I would have taken a picture to post if I could have found the camera... We literally couldn't see one end of the house to the other :-(

To say I was not happy that day was bit of an understatement. Once the sawing had finished and he had moved onto plastering and painting, I ditched all hopes of my projects for the day, and began systematically cleaning ALL the ground floor rooms. I began at 10.00 and kept going throughout the day, we had a dusty lunch and gritty cups of tea!!!

Once I had finished cleaning and dusting, it was time for round 2, every day so far it has needed doing, and 6 days later another dust layer is visible!!!!

I know sometimes we need to disrupt in order to progress, but why then? We were expecting house guests for a week from Sunday, and I hate beginning with an apology. Apart from that, I already had cleaning and preparations for their arrival on my agenda!!!

I am now pleased it was done, if not then, it would have been sometime. and the kitchen is getting better each time.


It's the half wall to the right of Carey as you look at the picture that was modified.

Moving on...

Tonight we have our ladies meeting, I am meant to be sorting out some songs to take and play on the guitar, as someone who has been self taught at the age of around 15, and NEVER played outside the confines of the house when empty, this evening should be a challenge (not to mention the songs are all in French...)I know God loves to hear us worshipping Him, he made us to worship Him, if He had wanted perfection in that, He would have left it to the angels and not the mortals!!! So with that in mind, I will sign off and pick up the guitar, the song book and a French/English dictionary, so I know roughly what I am singing. LOL

Have a great week.
Don't forget, once the dust settles on the rough spots of our Christian lives, we will see the work that God has been doing on us through the disruptions.

2 Comments:

At 1:16 pm, Blogger karen said...

Your hubby sounds a bit like mine!! When he does a project, everything stops! LOL. I'm glad it's settling down!

 
At 12:32 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's dad for ya!! lol. Love you both tonnes, Bsx, Kiri..x..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home