The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Do you know how addictive blogging is? I have been reading all about friends back home and the strange thing is, they don't know I'm here!!! Weird eh?

I have finished a 12 week language course in French and not sure how much I actually progressed!!! Our whole life outside our house is in French, but I still feel as though my efforts are as a babbling baby, I need a Pentecost experience in French!

my motto for life is to see problems as challenges, this is what Paul did (I think) during his missions in Acts, he faced the challenges and knowing that God was with him in all situations, he tackled the challenges as a team member...
I know God has put me here for a reason and I will fulfil that task, the challenge of learning French is a big one, and many times I feel it is too big for me, I am clumsy in pronounciation, hopeless in sentence structure... clueless when it comes to conjugating... but God is with me, he can make all things possible, His purpose is to build me up so I can serve Him, and this is my goal.
Having given myself bit of a pep talk I will plod on...

I hope some of you find my page, it isn't too exciting at the moment, I can post a few verbs I have studied, or a list of words for the day... might help me but not sure if it is read worthy!!! I could tell you about the efficiency of our Belgian electrician but I would be lying and I don't approve of that! I could tell you about the progress made to the renovations of our attic (French word = grenier) rooms...but that would be an unfinished story...

I will tell you about what I have learnt, kind of a thought of my day...

If you don't try you wont know... This used to be said to me when I said I didn't like some food, now I apply it to life,
~ If I say I can't learn French and don't try, I wont...
~ If I say I can learn French and don't try, I wont...
~ If I say I can learn French and try, I might look an idiot and become the source of many laughs... but I stand a greater chance of achieving the goal.
He who dares wins, as they say.

Just had a thought for another daily posting...

my blunders...
Heres one from yesterday (Fr=hier)
while talking to a friend, I told her I had finished my French course...I thought...
Here's how it went
Me: 'J'ai fini mon cours' (pronounced caw)
B: 'ton corps?' (pronounced coor)
Me: 'oui, mon cours de francaise!'
B: 'Ah! ton cours, tu dit ton corps!' ha! ha! ha!

Was there a joke? in response to my blank look betraying lack of understanding she explained...
you said your body (corps) was finished you meant your course (cours) hence the laughing!

laughter is a gift
humility is a fruit

other confusing words I have muddled...
bougie and bouger ~ (candle and the verb to move)
pecheur (circumflex on 1st e) and pecheur (accute acent 1st e) ~ fisherman and sinner
salut and salut (a greeting and salvation...need to know the context to know which one is used...bit of a problem when you only know one meaning for the word!!! makes a sermon really baffling!)

Enough for now, I'm sure there will be plenty more the way I am progressing... trial and error is definate method!

Watch this space :-)

6 Comments:

At 7:25 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Hi zanne! is this Zanne as in abigail & Robyns sister?
It's Helen here married to Simon Tween - a blast from the past!

If I have the wrong Zanne then Hi anyway!
welcome to the world of blogging, I look forward to reading your posts!

 
At 3:44 pm, Blogger Zanne said...

Yup, that's the one, one of the Weeks girls!
Hiya Helen, Thanks for reading me :-) I feel as though I have officially started blogging now I have a comment!

 
At 10:29 pm, Blogger Helen said...

Do you want me to add you to my links page?
If you click on my name it will take you to my profile, then click tweenieworld and leave a comment to let me know.
blogging is alot of fun and has been a real encouragement to me, it's a good way of keeping in touch, take care!

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Zanne - just seen your name on Helen's blog page welcome aboard - yes your right this blogging is very addictive !!

 
At 10:57 pm, Blogger rhi said...

Do I remember you - I should do - we used to live in the same street!!! Hi Zanne Weeks from Rhianne Lee (Hutchinson). Blogging is great - you in Frnace and we can still find out about you. Hhave fun with the french :)

 
At 11:28 pm, Blogger PatK said...

Hi Zanne - great to hear from you, and welcome to the world of the bloggers - at least, to the ones from Elim Chelmsford!

Remember Abi was a bridesmaid at my wedding? Well, John and I celebrated our Silver Wedding last July - so the time has definitely flown!

Anyway, I'll keep on eye on your site, and speak to you soon.

Love to all the family
Pat Kennett

 

Post a Comment

<< Home