The Joyful 5

We are on a mission (see Matthew 28:19-20) So watch this space!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

It only takes a sparky, to get the current flowing...

Its happening...
As I tap away here, the electrician is actually on the train heading to our house...
It seems a dream coming true to think that this time next week we could be wired!!!
It really is a prayer answered...

We are still chasing up the previous electrician, 13 months later' for our refund, he ows us alot of money but is not complying... we could do with this money to buy materials for the work this coming week, but we do know, when God plans something, he plans the whole event, including finances, so AMEN to that.

This guy is sacrificing a week to come and help us, his wife is staying at home with their 3 kids doing school trips, breakfasts, putting to bed, the disputes, the 'i don't want to' and 'she started it' things for a week... thank you, as a mum of 3 I really do appreciate the sacrifice you are making.

All this has again bought home to me how the Christian family pulls together in times of need, making sacrifices to help a brother or sister in need, sharing of skills and resourses to help each other; it is humbling to be on the recieving end, but it does challenge me again to see what I am doing to help my brother or sister in need!

The founder of our mission organization, C.T.Studd, captures a phrase that has become the motto,

"If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for Him"

Have a great weekend Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

At 5:18 pm, Blogger Helen said...

You know when I hear things like this it reminds me that there are so many wonderful people out there willing to help,

Zanne I can't imagine life without electricity!

Take care!

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger Tracie said...

Hi Zanne hope all going well with the electrics. Have a good week.

 
At 9:18 pm, Blogger Mountain Mama said...

No Electricity? Wow that means no computer! I'd be totally lost.

 
At 6:57 pm, Blogger Zanne said...

We've got the power but at sub standard conditions...quite dangerous at times! All changing though

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger Brigitte said...

What a blessing!!

Thanks for popping by my blog. It was good to see you there.

This is a good reminder and a challenge, cause what do we every really sacrifice for God? Nothing when compared to what He sacrificed for us...

 
At 12:27 am, Blogger SarahB said...

Zanne,

Loved the postcard - challenging thought.

Will be praying about Simon Proche and that finally you'll all be switched on.

God bless and a hug,
:-)
Sarah

 
At 6:45 pm, Blogger Pamela said...

Zanne, it is a pleasure to meet you, and it is wonderful that you and your Christian friends are working together to get her done! Living without electricity with young children would be so hard. Blessings to you all!

I was thrilled to see you were visiting from Belgium...wow! :)

 
At 8:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Zanne ~~ Nice to meet you and I love the name of your blog "The Joyful 5". I hope you will always remain just that. And bless you for the work you are doing.Thanks for your comments about the Apron story and the
Kid's advice. Take care, Merle.

 
At 6:47 pm, Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I'm always interested in learning how people find me. It is a beautiful sunny day in Colorado today. Come on over for a visit! My brother lives in Manchester. Come by again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home